Monday, August 2, 2010

Thing #13: Tagging and Discover Delicious

Bookmark Tagging is a totally new concept to me and one that I am glad to know now. I liked delicious and Digg and think that these are great resources to manage bookmarks and access them from different places, not just one place. It is also great that you can share bookmarks with colleagues, that way you build a good data bank of bookmark resources that can be used by all the people involved. There are so many times that I am given websites at staff development, and quite frankly with the information overload I tend to forget about them and do not use them; with the social bookmarking sites I can easily and quickly tag them and perhaps those sites will become a used resource.

Social bookmarking sites can be really useful for research, not only mine but, to have classroom research project. Students and I can choose a myriad of sites on research topics that later students can use to do a research project. Not only can the students in my classroom benefit but, students from the grade level can use them as well saving us teachers some precious time and giving students access to more "selective" information.

From being able to access bookmarks from different places, tagging bookmarks so that you can actually use them more easily, sharing bookmarks, to research projects, the advantages of social bookmarking are enormous.

No comments:

Post a Comment