Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Thing #14: Technorati and How Tags Work

I spend quite some time playing at Technorati. I ran several searches on topics of personal interest and came across some interesting articles and deviated from my "Thing" while I read those. But, after playing with Technorati I found myself pondering which "tag" tool I would use more and II think that delicious won. I find it very useful to tag my personal bookmarks for organizational matters and school related bookmarks to share with colleagues to create a wealth of extra resources.

The one thing about tags that comes to my mind is how reliable those tags are when searching through them? A lot of people can tag something as math for example. If I run the math search so many things can pop up and I wonder how relevant all those things are and how long will it take me to search through those.

No comments:

Post a Comment