Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Thing #19: Web 2.0 Awards List

For this thing I decided to play with whiteboard (http://writeboard.com/).

What is special about the tool?
For me whiteboard offers the ability to create documents that are not stored in one computer but are "portable" as they can be accessed from the web. You can share it, collaborate, compare versions and even keep whiteboard documents organized in a "backpack"

What are its useful parts, especially with regards to Libraries and school?
I think the fact that you can share it and collaborate (reminded me of a wiki) is very useful. A neat feature that I liked was that you can check versions of the document so you don't have to be afraid of losing information while editing the document.

How might you use this tool in your own setting?
I think that I can use whiteboard in the classroom to have students work on group research projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment