Saturday, July 17, 2010

THING #8 - RSS Feeds and Readers

What do you like about RSS readers?

I decided to setup the RSS reader using Google Reader. I liked how easy it was to setup. I really liked how you can keep track of blogs, news, information that you recurrently read and how it tracks whether it is a new item or not. I search and follow a lot of information online and I think this tool is going to help a lot.

How do you think you might be able to use this technology in your school or personal life?

I now for sure that I will use this in my personal life to follow news, blogs, and all of the information that I normally follow online. I think it will save time and will be easier to read the stuff I normally do.

How can libraries/teachers/administrators use readers or take advantage of this new technology?

There is a wealth of information online that can be very beneficial for teachers to read and use. I thing it you set up this new technology to follow educational sites you can easily benefit from reading those sites and it seems like the reader will save lots of time that is so valuable and appreciated when you are a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment